Sunday, April 8, 2007

One step closer...









We have been waiting to add a new post for pictures of the latest addition to the famaily. Sorry Amy, we still love the pony but this new car will work better for Noah :) We drove up the mountain on Friday evening to pick up this car we found used on craigslist.com. It is like making it to the next level on Zelda, you know ... when you get all the better gadgets and it takes longer to die! (That was for Joel and Ben). It is a 2000 Subaru Outback, 5 speed, cruise control, heated seats,mirrors, and front windshield and 147,000 kilometers, .....it's from canada! That's 90,000 miles for you silly Americans! The speedometer is in km/hr as well but I'm sure we can get used to it. It came with a sweet sterio, a roof mounting travel box, and a set of winter tires. We paid in cash so we had to get a picture of our short lived wealth of $7,500 in nonsequential $100 bills.



A little history on how we helped pay for the car....... we refinanced our house last week! Signed all the paper work and were able to get into a 30yr fixed instead of the 5/1 ARM we had been in. The house appraised at $230,000 which is nice to see some of the sweat equity return for the past two years.



Erin has been doing awesome. Very unconfortable but no sickness, sleeping pretty well at night and getting around great. She has started this past week some of the braxton hicks (sp?) contractions but there are no signs that Noah is going to be too early. She is still teaching piano and working alittle at the pool just to keep occupied. she has a great support team at both jobs.



I just started a new project this past week at work. I have been given another big project to lead for the next few months. I am incharge of a $200,000 remodel about 15 minutes away from our house. It's a two story home, we are moving the kitchen, adding one bathroom, fixing up three bathrooms, adding a laundry room, adding a dinning room, and of course all new utilities. The goal is to have it done by Christmas. There's my job security! It is just a remodel and no additions which is a bit more desirable for my developing skill and confidence. Foundations and roofs are a headache for me.



The nursery is almost complete. We had the lamp post completed just this weekend and the doors almost completed on the wardrobe. Just ahve the drawers left on that and then I'll take some pictures.



Well, that's the jist of whats going on here. I know this entry was a bit lengthy but we haven't written in a while so we are just making up for lost time. Hope you all had a great resurrection Sunday!

2 comments:

Amy Woodard said...

Okay, first things first! Erin! You look adorable!! I'm glad you're doing so well. We can't wait to hear when Noah arrives! Second...you had a great run with the Pony. I think you had it about as long as I did, that's impressive considering...well...good job! And I like the new car much better. Thirdly...Noah's room looks so great! Who painted the wall?! It's wonderful and good job on everything else, Jon! I'm not sure if there is a "fourthly" but yay!! for everything! : ) Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Erin you look great :) You've got the perfect little basketball belly! The car is awesome. It will be nice with the kids. Keep us updated...